Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Torture

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TayneC8
Admin
TayneC8

TCC Bucks: : 304

Torture Empty
PostSubject: Torture   Torture Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 5:56 pm

In mostly all areas torture is illegal. Lets look at a scenario. A bomber has planted bombs in a residential area. If the bombs go off hundreds of people will die. The bomber was caught and is being detained. The bomber is refusing to talk and has asked for a lawyer. One of the officers suggested they torture the man.

Is torture justifiable if it helps saves hundreds of people?

What I think:

I think if you have the guts to plant bombs with the intent to kill people then you deserve to be tortured. I'm all for torture being illegal, however torture can be justified if it saves lives.
Back to top Go down
Lawson

TCC Bucks: : 190

Torture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torture   Torture Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Hmm, don't really know where to start but I'll start here. All people that torture people and othersn deserve the same back. I they plant a bomb I hope it hits them in the head. Theres two diferrent torture to me as I put my little sister though tortue for a laugh I'm sure if you'v got a younger brother or sister you'd understand you can play about with them but then theres the torture listed above. I'd make it illegal in all places as mentioned.
Back to top Go down
TayneC8
Admin
TayneC8

TCC Bucks: : 304

Torture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torture   Torture Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Lawson wrote:
Hmm, don't really know where to start but I'll start here. All people that torture people and othersn deserve the same back. I they plant a bomb I hope it hits them in the head. Theres two diferrent torture to me as I put my little sister though tortue for a laugh I'm sure if you'v got a younger brother or sister you'd understand you can play about with them but then theres the torture listed above. I'd make it illegal in all places as mentioned.

Even if torturing this person means the possibility to save hundreds of lives? Innocent lives?
Back to top Go down
master412160

TCC Bucks: : 36

Torture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torture   Torture Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:03 pm

I say yes, his life isn't worth more then 100 + he won't die but only have very much pain.
He had to think about it before planting the bomb.

"He accepted what was going to happen with him either way so torture is the right way."
Back to top Go down
Nuke

TCC Bucks: : 12

Torture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torture   Torture Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:11 am

Terrorists are not valuable in any way in the scheme of society, in fact, their value is NEGATIVE.

Therefore, their torture should be done for interrogation purposes; or we kill them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Torture Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torture   Torture Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Torture
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Debate Corner-
Jump to: